Lemon-mint Infused Water

by - September 12, 2017



Let your food be your medicine. This is what I believe. That's why We should care about what we eat and also drink. I won't lie that I also enjoy eating fried food, or sweet and fatty food -- I am a human too, I love to satisfy my palate. 

The principle of infused water is simple -- Nutrients from fruits and herbs leak out directly into the water. Infused water is like our homemade vitamin water.

A good rule of thumb is to infuse for 1-2 hours at room temperature or in the fridge for 3-4 hours to achieve potent flavor and water color.Then, I usually remove the infused fruits from the water after 2 hours because it will potentially create undesirable flavour. 

I ever tried to have infused water more than 1 day in fridge and it was becoming to bitter to even sip. I googled why it happened. It is because of rinds found on citrus or lemon fruits. To avoid this bitter flavour, we have to simply cut the rind off with a knife before infusing. (source: here)

My first recipe of infused water is water infused with lemon and mint leaves. It tastes so refreshing. Let's treat this as a present you give to your body - healthy and full of vitamin C.

INFUSED WATER - LEMON & MINT LEAVES

INGREDIENTS
  • Half lemon, sliced 
  • Mint leaves 
  • Water

DIRECTIONS
  1. Mix all the ingredients in your drinking bottle. 
  2. Infuse for about 2 hours in room temperature or 4 hours in the fridge.
  3. Enjoy!



You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram